Friday, December 10, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree...

I must say that I'm totally proud of this bento!  Not only is it Christmasy, but it might be my best bento to date!  This post is full of pics because I was actually able to show (somewhat) how I do my stuffed biscuits.  I used leftover meatballs from last night dinner to complete today's lunch.  In my grocery, I'm able to buy Pillsbury biscuits in a 5 count.  Which for bento purpose's are great.


First I flatten the biscuits , then place a small amount of what I'm filling with the the middle.  In this case, it's a meatball that I cut into the 4th's then halved.



Then I add the cheese, here I used mozzarella.


I close the biscuit, pinching the side together and then rolling it into a ball form.


I press these into my Christmas tree molds. Finished biscuits are shown on the side.  A pic of what they look like after being baked is below as well.


Inside the biscuit.


The final product, in my opinion is awesome!  Bean told me that the biscuits were delicious and all of her friends were jealous of her lunch.  I also got props for the leftover cake bites (from her holiday Girl Scout party) that I threw in.  I'd say by all counts, that's a successful bento!


Contents include:
  • Meatball stuffed biscuits w/ raspberry fruit leather ornaments
  • Pineapple
  • Cucumbers
  • Cinnamon almonds
  • Broccoli
  • Cake bite
I shared this on What's for Lunch Wednesday.

3 comments:

  1. I love that you even thought to put "ornaments" on the tree...such attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you showed how to do these- I have wanted to stuff some biscuits for awhile!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete